Arabic Letter Kāf (Short Description)
- Type – Consonants.
- Alphabetical Order – 22nd.
- Contextual forms – three.
- Pronounce English letter like – kāf.
A – Serial Number, B – Isolated Form, C – Trans-literation, D – Letter name, E – Letter Name In Arabic Script.
How to Write Arabic Letters Kaf?
The Arabic alphabet doesn’t have upper or lowercase letters, like we see in the Latin alphabet letters. but the letters are combing when writing a word. However, each arabic letter can be written in Contextual forms.
The arabic letters of words are written and read from right to left, horizontally. There are four Contextual forms that each letter can take:
- Isolated (Detached).
How to Pronounce Letter Kaaf
ک ⬅️ کاف
The letter Kaaf comes from the very last part of the tongue moving up to touch the soft palate. Try to make the sound of this letter soft. Letter Kaaf mainly 3 sounds –
- Ka – كَيْفَ (Kayfa)
- Kaa – مَكَانْ (Makaan)
- Ke – كِتَابْ (Ketaab).
You Must Know About Arabic Alphabet Letters
- The Arabic alphabet has 28 letters but some author include ء hamza as a letter then counting will be 29.
- In Arabic Letters have only 3 vowels namely – (و،ا،ي) but ي and و which can be both consonants and vowels while Alif (،ا،) is only pure vowel.
- In Arabic Alphabet, no capital and small letters.
Learn words that start with the Arabic alphabet letter Kaf. Interactive word picture for kids plus free printable resources for you.